Monday 13 August 2007

Hello all,
Last week, the sun decided to shine in Cornwall, and brought along with it lots and lots of eager tourists wanting to paddle around on some lumps of plastic in the sea. It's been a really busy week. Before that, lots was happening with Simon and Jeff bringing a group from the Navy around the Cornish Coast on a wee (epic) adventure. I joined them when I could, and managed to get my canoe/kayak safety course done with them. Below are some photos from the last night of their trip, taken at the beautiful Blue Bar over-looking the beach where we camped, at Porthtowan.

An inquisitive seal at my boat at Newquay (which scared the be-jaysus out of me, I hope I don't meet a Basking shark):

You'll be able to see lots more beautiful photos from the Navy expedition on Sea Kayaking Cornwall's photo gallery. (check out their blog too)

My brother, James, also visited me, making him my first guest!!! He stopped by for a few days on his zig-zagged journey home to Ireland from Madrid. I got him out in a kayak for his first time (pity it wasn't on a river, I know!) which was great for me to see. He seem to really enjoy it too. James, myself and Simon stayed for a night up in Polzeath, (the Dalkey of Cornwall) in an amazing house. We played tennis on the courts and croquet on the lawns!!!

The gang:

My Brother, James, surfing:

.... almost:

Roz's Red Romany:

Simon's mum, Gill, and step dad, Eric, also paid us a visit recently and took this lovely photo outside their guesthouse.

More to come soon. x R

No comments: