Sunday 20 January 2008

I don´t think I could possibly do the Amazonian Rain forest any justice with my words. It was another world. Very hot and very wet. No electricity. Washing in the rivers. Once there, all travel was done by boat on the complex network of rivers. We visited local communities, went on night hikes, fished, cooked.... and sweated lots. I took so many photos but it´s hard to take good ones in the dark forest floors, and I didn´t want to take the camera out when it was raining. But here are a few:

Our jungle retreat:
Our local boat driver, Jose:
Our guide, Hiaro:
Me on the equator:
Our group at a big tree, from left- Caroline & Nadia (from Switzerland), me, and Lykee and Anes ( from Denmark):
Lykee and Anes negotiating the swamp:
More Jungle:
The Shamen:Sunset.... Sunrise.... Fungi: Creepy crawlies:


Tarantula:
Anaconda:
Leaf frog:
Piranha fishing: Baby Wooly Monkey (that was confiscated from people in the city, and which the reserve was nursing):
Stories at night: I have no photos of the animals and birds that live in the canopy. But I might be getting a copy of Lykee´s and Anes´s tonight, so maybe more to come.

Oh, and if you only had a Spanish spell check to work with, you´d have spelling mistakes too!
xx r

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I would love to see more of the amazon. Though that amount of creepy crawly's would scare the hell out of me. I like the monkey, cute as a button. I continue not to be jealous in anyway what so ever.

Anonymous said...

Hey hun, love the amazon photots, i dont know who was having more fun, you or the monkey!!! Some of those photots are absolute classics! Finally in for my first 8am start of the year. Students are back today, I have two 4th year students starting. Lots to do! -Sara