Saturday 5 January 2008

I have been unsure whether to post anything up on by blog about the news I received from a friend a few days ago but I feel I´m far from home and my blog is a nice connection with my friends and family. Dee, a friend and fantastic member of UCD Canoe Club died on a paddling trip in Co. Kerry over the New Year period. I know all involved in the trip did their best, and I´d paddling with them in a heart beat. I hear you guys gave her a good send off too. I wish I could have been home to share my condolences. I can´t believe my last weekend in Ireland, my last party with my friends, just before I flew to Central America, I was at Dee´s 21st. If I could be so bold as to quote the UCD captain, Mark,

"Dee's untimely death came as a great shock to all of us. UCD Canoe Club meant an awful lot to Dee, and Dee meant an awful lot to the club. To seperate Dee and what I consider to be the core ethos of the club is impossible. This club is about having fun. It's about having fun through paddling, partying and forging friendships. Dee was an enthusiastic and talented paddler, and a great person to go boating with. She was always up for a night out and never far from the fun. She has left an indellible mark on the club. Our sympathies are with Dee's Family."
Easkey:

Uganda:

No comments: