Tuesday 22 April 2008

I´ve been staying in Bariloche in Argentina, near the Chilian border, which is the beginning of Patagonia and it´s beautiful. I was staying in the penthouse of the tallest building which gave incredible views with incredible sun sets (still a hostel):
One of the days, I found someone to go biking with, so we picked a good rental place and off we went on a 65km Circuito Chico. The route was great and you would be forgiven for thinking you were in the Swiss Alps with all the wooden houses, fondu restaurants, chocolate shops and Saint Bernard dogs.
Here´s Ralf and me:

Unfortunitly at about 50km Ralf´s bike broke, randomly as we were cycling along:

So we spent about 8 km alternating between running, and one sitting on the broken bike while the held on and got pulled by the person on the good bike. Then we got to the main road and managed (eventually) to flag down a van to bring the broken bike and me back into town, while Ralf cycled the good bike back. It was a great adventure.

To finish it we went for steak. (I love Argentina!!) I easily managed to eat a juicy 17oz fillet. I´m going to have to go for more long rides if I continue at this rate!

xxx R

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wuuuuu hun! great to hear from you-your photos are AMAZING!! putting me to shame :) cant believe your hitting country #11- there will have to be a w/e reunion when i get home! i miss your crazy antics !! safe travels lollyxxxxx