Wednesday 2 April 2008

It´s been a while since I wrote last but after the Salt Lakes, I thought the things I was doing weren´t blog worthy. But I´ve a little collection of photos now to fill you all in on. After Bolivia, my group from the desert, who got on really well together, rented a car and had a really cool day driving ourselves around in the north of Chile and stopping whenever we wanted where ever we wanted to take photos. We even stopped to pick-up and give a lift to a couple and their three dogs, who were llama herders:One of our stops included the nicest hot springs I´d been to. They had a very expensive exclusive feel;The day after we all went (by bus) to the next town, Calama, and saw a copper mine. Copper pretty much runs the Chilian economy and production it HUGE. The open mine pit is huge, the machines and trucks are huge. I try and put the best photos up on my blog so sorry that this next one is fuzzy (it´s actually from the dust in the air!) but I wanted to try and show the hugeness. In the photo you´ll see two normal pickup trucks driving behind the ore extracting trucks. Can you see their size? After that, the salf flat group split up and went our seperate ways. I went south and got to the Pacific coast for the first time in a good few weeks of being inland. The beautiful beach of Bahia Inglesa:Further along the coast and now I´m in La Serena. I´m sharing a room with a really nice Canadian girl called Clare and today we went on a tour to Isla Damas and saw wonderful sea life including penguins, boobies, pelicans, cormorants, sea lions, and dolphins. Male sea lion having a good auld itch:xxx r

1 comment:

*nicki* said...

Wow , the see is so sparkly!! do you think we will get to see any coast in Argentina??!