Friday 21 March 2008

I have done lots of random things since I wrote last. Spent a good few days in stunning La Paz:
Caught a local wrestling match between Michaelangelo, the teenage mutant nija turtle, and some skeleton guy. One of the more surreal things I´ve seen on this trip:
Celebrated St Patrick´s Day:
Saw some Dinosaurs and their fossilised footprints, nerdy but very cool:
Experienced the infamous Bolivian roads:
aw some ancient rock paintings:
Experienced a rural hand operated bridge:
Made friends with some shoeshine boys:
Saw Easter march past:
Went down a silver mine:

The previous photos are a fly by account of the last 10 days in Bolivia. The country has a lack of good fast internet places (along with a lack of paved roads). I am now typing in my 10th country, Chile!!! which has both great internet and roads, so I´m catching up on the blog. I spent the last three days in a 4x4 jeep driving across the most spectactular scenery I have ever seen and that I could ever imagine seeing. For that, Bolivia has passed out Guatamala for being my favourite country.

May I introduce the Bolivian desert:

Salt Lake, dry: Salt lake, wet:Cactus island in the middle of a sea of white nothingness:Salt in front and salt behind:Salt house!!!Flamincos at the lunch stop:
My group and jeep:
The pink lake (with more flamincos). It gets really cold in the desert!
Another lake:
Salvidor Dali must have done the same trip as me?Gysers and bubbling earth:Hot springs at dawn:
Bolivian migration:
Bolivian - Chilian border!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Photo's in this update are definately the best yet! You'll have such a massive collection for coming home! Im off to Louise Firth's wedding afters tomorrow, I cant believe it, someone our age getting married! -Sara

*nicki* said...

thes e Bolivian desert pictures are absolutely INCREDIBLE !!! Sitting on the clouds?! if i dont see that blown up and on a wall somewhere i'll be very very suprised.. Nic xx