Thursday 29 November 2007

So I spent a night on Caye Cauker and had the lobster. Its really good there and really cheep. I think my chef might like them a bit too much.I went to bed well fed, then up the next morning to travel across Belise to a lovely town called San Ignacio. I spent two nights and a day there and it rained the whole time. Really heavy rain.
The first evening I saw a lone backpacker wandering around the town looking at her Lonely Planet Guide Book a little confused. I asked her if she was looking for somewhere to stay as my place had space. Anyway her name is Dolores from Ireland and we ending up spending a really fun few days together. We went on a tour through Mennonite country, accross a huge orchard ranch to get to a river called Barton Creek, where we paddled our own canoes up stream to a cave 8 miles deep. We paddled into it for about an hour to as far as we could go and saw breath taking limestone cave formations. Myself and Dolores got a little edgey when our canoe started leaking and we thought our tourch might stop working. But after a quick bale, all was good.
It was still raining at that point, so if I was going to get wet, I thought I would go for the whole plunge.
Then today I crossed my second border into Guatamata, where it stilled rained. All this rain really didnt help the unpaved road which we had to travel along from the border.
We arrived in Flores and got a fantasticly tiny Tuc Tuc, with another traveller we met at the border. We manager to cram three people, three day bags and three large rucsacs into it and get to our hoster in beautiful Flores.
Me, Dolores and Rob in Tuc Tuc
TucTucs
So that brings me upto date. Im heading off south tomorrow. not sure how far yet. Ill keep you all posted. Ill leave you with the two parrots who sleep in my hostel.
love Roz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im loving your Blog, its great to see you are meeting lots of [people randomly along the way (so that really does happen and its not something you just hope will happen!) I'm very envious about the snorkeling!!! -Sara