Monday 24 December 2007

Well hello again. FORTH COUNTRY!!!! woohooo. And I´m using my border crossing skills to help others now! If they don´t give you a receipt, don´t give them money, the officals just but it straight into their pockets. I learnt that in Mexico, but saw a bunch of people fall for it here. So I crossed over into Honduras on the 19th and stayed in a town just beside the border called Copan. It was a pretty cobbled town and a good jumping off point for the country. The country immediately had a more Carribian feel to it, with relaxed, slow moving people.... and lots more mosquitos! I thought I´d left it all behind in Mexico but I stopped off at the Copan Mayan Ruins , the furthest southerly Mayan ruins, which are famous for their carvings, and very detailed they are two.

Photo

photo

Then I spent a long day travelling across the country, past acres of banana and pinapple plantations, to the coast to a town called Le Ceiba, from where I got a ferry to Utila, where I am now! I´m settled down here for Christmas, don´t know what I´ll eat yet, but I met a American girl called Jess who will keep me company.

photo

It´s a great place. And the best bit, is the reason I came... the diving! I´m learning to dive and loving it!!! Fantastic tropical waters, coral, fish, pirates wrecks, turtles.... the list goes on.

photo

photo

I had a little early Christmas present yeaterday as I got to talk to my Simon for the first time since my trip began. Unfortunately, I´m just realising as I´m writting this that the internet is too slow to upload the photos. I guess that´s what you get on an island miles in the middle of the Caribbian. Well they´re beautiful, and I´ll get them up at some point, but I´m goin to be here for a while yet, so don´t hold your breath! (like in diving!)

Happy Christmas to everyone, send me an e-mail, tell me some news, thanks for all who have. Will miss everyone over the next few days. xxxx r

1 comment:

Lou&Pumpkin said...

Hi Roz,

Hope you had a fantastic Christmas, we were all thinking of you. We are changing Simon and Phil's flights today so they will come home on 10 Jan now.

We saw Derry on Christmas Eve and gave her a big hug from you.

Lots of love, Kev, Lou, Georgie & Geoffrey x